If you are looking for a Clinical Psychologist or a Child Psychologist the team at TalkingPoint are here to help
Many people can feel nervous about seeing a Psychologist, especially talking to them about personal things which they may not have spoken about before.
Our clients tell us that it was easier than expected.
We don’t use couches and we never “shrink” people.
We work with you to pinpoint what factors are working together to cause your difficulties.
We then develop collaborative strategies to challenge and change these feelings or behaviours.
At TalkingPoint our aim is to reduce your psychological stress and promote your well-being.
There is no need for a referral, simply call or email us to make an appointment.
The team at TalkingPoint Wellington are highly qualified & experienced in a number of psychological services.
- Stress Counselling
- OCD Treatment
- Health Psychology
- Anger Management
- Self Esteem Counselling
- Anxiety Counselling
- Personal Development Psychology
- Competency Assessments
- Grief Counselling/PTSD
- Trauma Counselling
- Child Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Child Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Child Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Therapist
- Child Psychologist
- Child Learning Disorder Assessments
Child clinical psychologists deal with a wide range of issues, many children and young people can be distraught or troubled by emotional issues which can be worrisome for family and friends.
Here at TalkingPoint Wellington our psychologist Victora Lee is qualified in child psychological issues.
Victoria works with you and your child and is experienced in Child Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Child Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and Child Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD).
If you believe your child may have a learning disorder we are able to offer an assessment and discuss the results with you.
To make an appointment please either call or click on the Make An Appointment button below.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Bachelor of Science with Honors (BSc (Hons))
- Master of Science in Cognitive and Behavioural Neuroscience (MSc CBNS)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Psychology (PG Dip Clin Psyc)
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours First Class in Psychology
- Master of Arts with Distinction in Psychology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Psychology
- Bachelor of Science with Honours in Psychology
- Doctorate of Clinical Psychology
- MSc (with Distinction)
- BA Psychology
- PhD (Psychology)
- MSc (Cognitive and Behavioural Neuroscience)
- PGDip (Clinical Psychology)
- BA (Psychology, Philosophy)
This is my first visit what do I need to know
Your first appointment will take between 1-2 hours depending on the type of assessment.
During this time your we will talk to you about confidentiality, the keeping of records and the writing of any letters or reports that may be required.
The Psychologist may ask you to complete questionnaires which help us understand how you have been feeling over recent weeks or months. We will carefully explain the results to you.
You will be asked to discuss any difficulties you may have been experiencing and what you would like assistance with. We will then ask questions to help us understand why you are having difficulties. The more information you can provide and the more honest you are in your answers the more likely the outcome is going to be better.
A Level 1
108 The Terrace
P 06 757 4898
E [email protected]